Saturday, 19 July 2008

Job Hunting

Job hunting is easily one of the most tedious things you have to do. You put on some nice smart/casual clothes and dredge around shopping centres with your bag of CV's looking for a job you won't hate as much as your last one. The thing is I have no particular skills either, yeah I can pull a pint but anyone could after watching someone else do it, doesn't matter, I've had enough of pubs anyway, stealing drinks isn't worth constantly pissed of managers getting angry at you because there's no customers.

And you hand in a CV to anywhere that looks like a doddle like Natural World. then there's places you actually wanna work, like HMV or Game where you imagine it would be like High Fidelity but they never call back. Or you go to a cinema and talk to the actual manager and hand your CV in person and you thought they would give you a job because you made them laugh. So you go home and the next day you get a phone call...

"Hello is that Jack Sparling?"
"Err, Yes" (Please don't be Debt Collectors, please don't be debt collectors. wait could this be UCI?)
"Hi this is John the manager from stationary world..."

Stationary world? which in my opinion would probably be worse than pouring a bottle of Tressemae into your eyes.

You always get a call from the place where you handed in a CV for the sake of it, and I'm so polite I can't refuse an interview for it, so I just don't go to the interview, in the long run I just end up feeling guilty everytime I buy a pen.

No comments: