Saturday, 1 May 2010

Jack Sparling, Going political.

“I don't vote. Two reasons. First of all it's meaningless; this country was bought and sold a long time ago. The shit they shovel around every 4 years *pfff* doesn't mean a fucking thing. Secondly, I believe if you vote, you have no right to complain. People like to twist that around – they say, 'If you don't vote, you have no right to complain', but where's the logic in that? If you vote and you elect dishonest, incompetent people into office who screw everything up, you are responsible for what they have done. You caused the problem; you voted them in; you have no right to complain. I, on the other hand, who did not vote, who in fact did not even leave the house on election day, am in no way responsible for what these people have done and have every right to complain about the mess you created that I had nothing to do with.”


- George Carlin

George Carlin was one of my favourite comedians, The above quote was his view on voting (Obviously).

Now people have been asking me recently who I'm gonna vote for: The human jowel, Captain sleeves rolled up or the one no one takes seriously, and to be honest, I don't bother voting, when people ask me why, I pretend its a big political statement and begin quoting the late great Mr Carlin but really its because I can't be bothered. At all.

I'm not gonna get out of my bed and walk all the way to the polling office (Which is further than Morrisons) so I can vote for someone who's policies I didn't take notice to, who's probably gonna do something which will affect the amount of money I make or make pissing against a tree illegal.

When I told my nan this she went into a terrifying tirade into why the youth today don't take anything seriously and why I should vote, Eventually the rant went onto Rupert Murdoch and womens rights so I was off the hook, she's a strange lady. But I've always wondered why people take politics so seriously. Nothing changes, The old still die, how much money you make will keep going up and down, the masses will still claim money and costumed vigilantism is still illegal. Plus my one vote's not gonna make a difference, Yeah, I know "If everyone thought like that no one would vote", But Most people are to self important to not vote, So I can think like that.

Anyway.

So recently I've started working at the good NHS again, This time in the form of a Receipt and Distribution clerk. Which is great, I get to work with my friends and mess around the hospital for the 3rd time. The only thing bugging me is my pay situation, just before I started the job the bank closed my account (Id make a joke about bankers or something if I actually understood the recession), So the agency is paying me in cheque. Problem is I can't open a new account because I don't have any formal photo ID. So I can't cash or pay in my cheques, so I can't afford to get a new drivers license, so I can open my account, so I can pay in my cheques, so I can afford things like drivers licenses. It's a brutal cycle.

Oh, and speaking of brutal cycle's, Thanks to the ARSEHOLE in the van who knocked me of my bike last week, I was really craving for pavement so thanks for getting my face to the ground quicker. This is why I don't cycle in the road, It's full of cars. I should mention I'm not a cyclist, like at all, I just happen to cycle to work. I actually can't stand cyclists, I was laughing at this mental woman on a bike the other day who was hitting a car with her handbag because he was driving to close to her or something. It's the road! It's FOR cars! That's the beauty of cycling, you can go on the pavement when it suits you.

Anyway, that's what's going on with me recently. Hope you enjoyed.

Stay Gold.

1 comment:

Frau said...

I swaer you are not this funny in person :)