Wednesday, 23 February 2011

Day 11: Put your iPod on shuffle and write 10 songs that pop up.

What does this mean? Write ten songs that pop up? Write what they are? Write a review for each song? How it makes me feel? Whatever, I don't even own an iPod. I'll stick spotify on shuffle, So I'll give it a whack.

I don't know where my taste in music comes from, My dad was big into Motown and Country and I've never heard my mum listen to anything other than Simply Red and Meatloaf. My sisters...They listen to some...I don't even know what it is...It's just noise, I've never even heard of the genre it is.

1. Girl, You'll be a woman soon - Neil Diamond.
I forgot how good this song is until recently, Now I keep listening to it and practising for my next Karaoke bout.

2. Me and Mrs Jones - Billy Paul.
This is the song I'm going to sing at my friends weddings, replacing the word Jones with my friends last name, that way it's an infidelity joke AND a mum joke.

3. First of the gang to die - Morrisey
I like Morrisey, don't agree with him being so outspoken about some things, (He once left the stage for a few hours because he could smell bacon) But I like his music, My mate Liam took me to see him at Wembley and he was Ace, And funnier than I expected.

4. Wild World - Cat Stevens
Ultimate relaxing tune, it makes me think of happier times. (Before...The incident)

5. Groovy Kind of Love - Phil Collins
If I had it my way I'd fill this whole list with Phil Collins. People take the mick out of him and I don't understand why, I genuinely believe he's one of the most talented artists out there. And Peter Gabriel can go suck a nut.

6. Atlantis - Donovan
I first heard this song when I saw Goodfellas many years back. It's the scene where Joe Pesci kills Dennis Farina in the bar. I love Scorsese's use of music, He makes these mob films, yet instead of using Big Band or Classical music they use in most mob films, He uses classic rock like Clapton or The Stones, Which is quality.

7. Traded in my cigarettes - Plan B
I love Plan B, and this song really gets to me, it's about a prisoner trading in his cigarettes for a shank. It's such a great song because the character keeps saying he doesn't want to hurt anybody but he has to.

8. There she goes my beautiful world - Nick Cave
I avoided Nick Cave for a while because I thought he was someone only dickheads listen to. Granted that all dickheads listen to Nick Cave I still think he's fantastic. It's the nicest song about Heroin there is.

9. Falling Down - Scarlett Johansson
I don't like Tom Waits. I don't...'get it'. I disregarded it at first because I thought what has Scarlett got to offer outside of acting? But I was listening to a friends playlist and it came on, To my horror I discovered this great tune was by Scarlett Johansson, Never gonna back since.

10. Wicked Game - Chris Isaak
This is possibly the sexiest song ever made. I use this one to get girls.

Honorable mention:
Across 110th street - Bobby Womack
I was listening to this just before I started, it's just one of the best songs ever. it's a really cool soulful track, it's about the day to day fight in the Ghetto. It obviously speaks to me.



Stay Gold.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

across 110th street is an amazing tune, well worth the honorary mention