Tuesday, 1 March 2011

Day 16: Your view on mainstream music.

Mainstream music's mainstream for a reason, People like it, And who am I to argue with record sales? I'm just here to tell people why they're wrong. I'm not really one for modern music myself, I generally listen to Magic, unless they're playing Dido, the I tune into Heart. Never been a big music fan anyway. So don't expect me to write an eclectic list of artists no one's heard of to make myself look cultured and clever, Because you should know by now, I'm neither of them.

I'm gonna take a little look through the current top 10:

Fucking dreadful, Adele's number 1 and 4, I don't know why, I think she's got an awful voice. I could make a fat joke but I'm far to gentlemanly, But I do think gingers songs sound all the same.

There's this Jessie J woman I've seen a few times who makes me reconsider my no hitting women policy.

Rihanna can do no wrong in my eyes, she just needs to keep being beautiful and awesome and talented.

I've heard this Bruno Mars guy, I got some advice for him, Man the FUCK up, Man wouldn't jump on a grenade for no one.

I like Lady Gaga, I do think she has a great voice, And there's something really attractive about a woman willing to go out wearing only red meat, Yum.

Music's always been rubbish, I know people say music was better in the old days, but it wasn't. We only hear great songs on Magic because those were the best ones. I dunno, I just never 'got' it, some people are so passionate about music, and I don't know how when most of it's so fucking awful (What the fuck is Dubstep?). If everyone was as Talented as The Temptations, Elvis, David Bowie or Rush the world would be a much better place. But unfortunately we're stuck with untalented, wannabe 'gangsta', gimmicky dickheads who for some reason people take seriously

Any man who can type N Dubz into a Google Image search and
not spit on a baby is a far better man than I.

Stay Gold.

3 comments:

King Garry I Of Swandanavia said...

You missed the ultimate classic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB1D9wWxd2w

Colin Wren said...

Something tells me Garry's link will be never gonna give you up or that Erasure song.

Anonymous said...

I knew there would be something about N-Dubz on here! IDIOT! From Jamie :)