Wednesday, 2 March 2011

Day 19: Disrespecting your parents.

This question seems a little irrelevant, seeing as this quiz was written for a 14 year old girl, I totally don't live with my parents anymore...I live with my sister.

Pfft, I was to busy dodging wine bottle and and teaching my sisters to read to disrespect my parents. In all seriousness, there's no point in disrespecting your parents, and I never did. Like I probably said before, I was a good kid, never got in any real trouble. I think the only time I ever disrespected my mum was when I found her weakness, She slapped me for something stupid I did and I just laughed. She went fucking mental, it was hilarious.

I was watching this documentary the other day called Radical parenting, now, if you ain't seen this, it should still be on the Sky Anytime, it is amazing.

There's these parents right, and their kids don't go to school, and make all their own decisions. They just play and eat crisps all day, I was really, really jealous. According to their parents they're learning by experience. When I was that age if I was left to 'learn by experience' the only thing I would of learned is how to do every characters fatalities on Mortal Kombat 3.

Then there were these other parents, and they're really close to the children, like, their youngest, between birth and crawling, spend practically their whole time attached to their parents. The kids breastfeed for years they sleep in the same bed, one of the parents is always carrying them. This was all completely new to me, my mum considers forwarding joke texts to me as "quality time".

I like to think I'll be a good parent when the time comes, Care and encourage and nurture them, read them stories, spoil them, just be a good dad in general. So long as they're boys.


Stay Gold

No comments: